Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Excuse me - are we getting anywhere near to the end of this story yet?

Monday
Another day of borough exploration as I took myself off for a seven and a half mile hike around Brooklyn. Started off by walking across Brooklyn Bridge which is always worthwhile for the fantastic views. The last time I did this the twin towers of the World Trade Center were very much there and you notice their absence more than ever from this viewpoint. I kept getting stopped by tourists asking me to take their photos. Infact, if I'd had a cent for every time I was stopped, I would have three cents.

In Brooklyn I followed a walk which took me into the centre of the town, and then tracked around so I ended up underneath Brooklyn Bridge - stunning views from here. I wandered through row after row of old brownstones in leafy streets and out to the old harbour. Hopped on a subway back to 14th Street to cool my heels.

Cooked some dinner - still remember how to do it - and then decided to go out for a couple of drinks about 10.30pm. We stumbled across a small, cosy bar call 'Cubbyhole' which was very nice and so we stayed awhile. We got chatting to a lovely lady called Christina who went on to show us a good time in another bar called Chi Chiz. It was quite a night - funny where going out for a quiet drink can lead you in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home