Wednesday, November 03, 2004

In the market today...

Up at the crack to go to the market to buy stuff. Went for a coffee first – this was ten o’clock in the morning and guys were drinking lager in the café. The market was smaller than the Saturday one, but still lots of stalls. We walked around twice before A decided on some chestnuts and two kilos of walnuts he liked the look of. I was tempted by the beetroots – they look fabulous in a beetrooty way – and some jus de pruneaux (poor man’s colonic irrigation I call it), but managed to resist.

I had wanted to buy some herbs to plant a wee herb garden on the terrace, but there were none to be had, not even for ready money. Not in season you see. Oh well, bought ten pansies instead and carried them home aloft.

More writing, followed by lunch. It seemed to warm up a little this afternoon so I rolled up my sleeves and set to work outside. I should have taken a photo before I started so I could have done a before and after makeover thing, but I forgot. Still, I think it looks very nice and it gives me a lot of pleasure vicar. I'm thinking it needs some heather and something with a bit of height. Ooh hark at me – I’m having a Titchmarsh moment!

Quiet evening in tonight methinks, feeling a bit jaded after all this gallivanting around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home