Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Maureen

Oh my God it’s December already. I woke up to blue skies and sunshine, but it was still pretty damned cold, and I tried to put all the horrible thoughts that I was halfway through my sabbatical to the back of my mind. I spent the morning going about my authorship project, but with less than satisfactory results.

Today’s challenge was to drive to Leclerc and back in Michael’s Smart car. I need to get the hang of it you see, for I will soon be in the responsible position of having to pick people up from the airport, poor things. Well I am pleased to report that all went well, Michael’s knuckles did not turn white and I really enjoyed driving again.

Safely back home I grabbed some lunch and then walked down to the river where I sat in the warm afternoon sun writing. As the sun went down I watched huge flocks of hundreds of starlings whirling around in the sky above the river, like swarms of insects turning this way and that. It was a beautiful sight.

After ironing to Muse’s album ‘Absolution (c’est fantastique) I settled in for an evening at my laptop, frantically trying to increase my word count. I am going to have to go at this hammer and tong if I am going to be anywhere near halfway through by the New Year. It’s quite a challenge.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see your music tastes have improved. Look after Bazza for us! ;)
Hayden

4 December 2004 at 13:49:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home