Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Killing Moon

I think there are going to be many more days like today as time goes by. It's not going to make very interesting reading I'm afraid, so I'll be brief.

Got a bit stuck into the Truman Capote book I'm reading: 'The Grass Harp'. It's one of the few stories of his I haven't read and so I've been saving it up for ages. It was worth waiting for and I can barely put it down. Eventually I did and got on with some serious writing.

Around lunchtime I was offered a lift to L'Eclerc, so seeing as the old reserves were getting a little on the low side, I set off for a supermarket sweep and some salad. After lunch I set to work sorting out my hose in the bath - the original had sprung a spectacular leak and had to be replaced. Job done, I got back to my writing.

Wandered over to L'Enfance de Lard for a natter and an aperitif before the first guests arrived then set to work on my leek (second leak/leek of the day - repetition!) and potato soup which was delicious even if I say so myself. Well, there's nobody else here to say it I can assure you, although I have found a face in the living room ceiling which is a little disconcerting late at night.

Oh - title reference! My Best of Echo & the Bunnymen CD turned up today after a long wait and it has been going round and round many times. I forgot to bring any and was getting needy for Monsieur McCulloch's dulcet tones. Feel better now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

28 October 2004 at 13:57:00 GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

28 October 2004 at 13:57:00 GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of the bunnymen 'my face among them kissing the tortoise shell';
H

28 October 2004 at 13:57:00 GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home