Monday, October 11, 2004

Qu'est-ce que vous voulez boire?

Another trip to the supermarket to pick up some essential items - like a bicycle lock and puncture repair kit. Oh - and a bit of a milestone here of which I am particularly proud - I bought my very first pair of slippers! Wey-hey - middle-age here I come!

It had been a little showery this morning but by lunchtime the sun was shining again so we went for lunch outside on the old square. I went for le plat de jour which was lapin (well, flopsy had had a good innings) served with prunes and stuff and washed down with kir, rosé, followed with a crépe with prune and Armagnac ice cream and an Armagnac chaser with coffee. Delicious.

Saw H off at the airport, returned the hire car and then battled home in the wind and rain on my trusty little bike like Mr Rusty. That's a good name for the bike come to think of it. I thought I'd be clever and cycle back from the airport to Bergerac via some tiny lanes which weaved between the vineyards but predictably enough I ended up getting hopelessly disoriented and so just peddled away following whichever way the road took me. Low and behold, I ended up in the right place.

First time alone in this big old house and it feels slightly strange, but I think I'll get used to it soon enough. Spent the evening getting some notes organised. Poor old H is in a right old pickle because although the RAC came to fix Tittikaka at Stansted, the old crock packed up again as soon as he got onto the motorway, and he's had to pay cash to be towed home. What a downer on an otherwise great weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Geoff. Now we have the Xmaspresent sorted for the next 50 years. A pair of slippers don´t last for more than a year, do they?
xxx
Wenche

11 October 2004 at 16:33:00 GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home