Thursday, November 18, 2004

Beaujolais

It was one of those cloudy days when it starts of dull, then stays dull until it gets duller. I cleared up the fallen leaves on the terrace, and replanted the bulbs that my blackbird friend had helpfully excavated while I’ve been away. That done, I pressed on with my writing.

The cupboards were a little on the bare side, so a visit to L’Eclerc was called for. I am now well stocked up on fruit, cheese, meat and vegetable – and salad.

I made a vat of pumpkin and leek soup, for this evening I was entertaining the proprietors of L’Enfance de Lard. So, soup to start (turned out very pleasant) followed by lamb chops with roast potatoes and green beans, and a nice bit of tart. We were also awash with Beaujolais – for ‘tis the season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home