Monday, December 20, 2004

Domino dancing

Amongst today’s highlights was a very cold walk to the largest local supermarket we could find. My hands turned blue. How did it get so cold all of a sudden? I had the french windows open yesterday for gawd's sake – hang on – are french windows still french when they’re in France? Or are they just windows?

After lunch, a blue skies project meeting and pound signs spinning in eyeballs lasted for the best part of three hours (dedication, dedication, dedication, that’s what you need) followed by a comfort break and a delicious supper cooked by chef John in the style of Jamie Oliver with a touch of Fanny Craddock. I for one enjoyed a lovely bit of gnocchi with a fat tart.

Now, if you want highlights, then this has to be it. Dominos. Oh yes – with proper scoring and everything. We level-pegged around the scoreboard twice, right up to the very last point. Michael appeared for a livener, and stared in boggle-eyed disbelief that in the space of 24 hours we had morphed into octogenarians. When the tension became unbearable, John finally pipped me to the post and I threw my toys out of the pram. We then discovered the joys of building domino runs…I think it’s probably best if I stop here before the tiny bit of questionable credibility I once possessed is snuffed out forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home