Thursday, December 02, 2004

Wet Wet Wet

It rained all day today, which meant there was nothing for it but to stay indoors and get on with it. What do you mean get on with it? This is it! But first, there was soup to make - carrot, turnip, leek and celery flavoured with bay and thyme if you’re curious. Delicious with a French stick, even if I say so myself.

After lunch I went out onto the rainy streets and woke up the neighbours by disposing of my impressive collection of empty wine and champagne bottles. I wandered round town which was mainly deserted and admired the soggy Christmas decorations, such as they were. I treated myself to a very inexpensive Lou Reed album (The Blue Mask – remastered!) and stocked up on cigarettes. Back indoors I put in a very productive four hours on my laptop egged on by new Lou, and have completely reformatted my works so far. If feels like I’ve taken one step forward and two steps back though, as I got stuck into some severe editing. Oh well.

This evening I called into L’Enfance de Lard for a couple of your finest, and then returned home to cook a Spanish omelette (when in Rome) and watched ‘Igby Goes Down’ on DVD, accompanied by a cheeky little white wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home