Monday, January 31, 2005

'Is there anybody there?' said the traveller

Mmm…still not good in the health department. I decided that if I was at home, I would stay in bed, so I should do the same here. As a result, I got well into the tome I have undertaken to read – Iris Murdoch’s The Sea The Sea which is stupendously good thus far. I think I’m going to become a bit of a Murdoch fan – does that make me a radical feminist or something? I do hope so. Note to self: buy some dungarees.

At lunch time I made a lunge for my zimmer frame and took a walk out around town thinking I would feel better if I got some fresh air inside me. It didn’t work, and I felt worse, so I made a pot of tea and got settled down in the company of Ms Murdoch.

Later on, the L’Enfance de Lard Magical Meals-On-Wheels Taste Experience™ came a-knocking at my moonlit door, and we dined on soup, fine cuts of beef and lamb, cauliflower gratin and apple tart, while Moiselle explored the fireplace and nearly disappeared up the chimney in a puff of smoke. The purely medicinal wine perked me up a tad, but not for long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home