Tuesday, January 18, 2005

It's in the can Pete! It's in the can!

After a bit of a bad night, I was a late riser as I believe they say. Onwards, ever onwards with the writing, and I finally completed the last chapter of my epic novel! Hur-bloody-rah. Sat back and wondered what to do now. Then started on a new story I shelved a while ago, and planned another project I've been toying with. So, there's no end in sight. This could run and run, like diarrhea.

Feeling pretty pleased with myself, I strolled purposefully along the riverside in the wind for an hour, before performing a pirouette and strolling even more purposefully back. A pair of pied-wagtails followed me all the way, sharing in my reflected smugness at having actually done what I set out to do. Yeah, cheers, great, thanksalot.

Back indoors I began the editing process (at the moment it's looking like a largeprint version of War And Peace) and realised that was going to be a job in itself. Ah, something to do tomorrow. Time for a celebratory beer - or even a celebrity beer. I watched Monster on DVD, which was disturbing, provoking and brilliant in equal measures. But then, anything with Christina Ricci in it gets my vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home