Thursday, January 06, 2005

Let's have a competition!

Time to take down the Christmas lights, dismantle the cherubs and deal with the tree. I took the tree out on the terrace and found it had quite a decent root ball on it, so I planted it to see if it will live a little longer.

And believe it or not, that was the highlight of my day! After that task was complete I set to work at the laptop, paused for lunch and continued to write through the afternoon and early evening. I took a stroll into town to buy a new pen, but apart from that I didn’t leave the house until it was time for an aperitif up the road…but alas, the first guests had already arrived so I didn’t hang about and headed home for omelette, beans and Tosca.

Did you know that if you record radio static, then play it back you can hear voices ‘from the other side’? Well, apparently you can. It’s called electronic voice phenomenon (EVP). It’s going to be the subject of a forthcoming film with Michael Keaton called White Noise. I read this in an amusing article, and this bit made me laugh into my beer:

Williamson [Linda] says the spirits find it difficult to contact us. Once she played a chat with her friend Avril backwards and heard Gordon, Avril’s dead father, singing: “Remember your dad.” But that was all. Linda has also contacted Queen Victoria, who said in a posh voice: “Linda, I’m here.” Stan Laurel said: “I’m here.” Pat Phoenix from Coronation Street said: “Aye, you do.”

Do not try this at home warns the article! But what you could try is to come up with a triumvirate of famous dead people to contact via EVP which is equally or more disparate than Queen Victoria, Stan Laurel and Pat Phoenix! Go on, please use the comment box below to put forward your efforts, and I shall publish a top ten of the best suggestions. There’s a drink in for the winner!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghengis Khan
Mother Teresa
Lord Lucan (its proff, proof i tell you).

H

8 January 2005 at 11:28:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only I could spell...

8 January 2005 at 11:29:00 GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minnie Cauldwell
Ena Sharples
and what's her name???

8 January 2005 at 19:08:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home