Saturday, February 26, 2005

It's been a good year for the roses

Oh dear, we were running late and kept Jacqui and Glynis waiting outside L’Enfance de Lard in the cold – not funny, not clever, and nobody was very impressed. We hurried up through the market to the coffee shop for stimulants (caffeine) and fuel (croissants and pastries), before taking one final spin around the market, then we said our goodbyes.

Back to the house for some final packing up before setting off for Bergerac International Airport, via André’s mum’s to say au revoir and merci for all the fish. We checked in, had a couple of beers and before I could say ‘I can’t believe I’ve just spent five months in Bergerac, can you?’ I was watching the little town shrinking into the distance. Then the plane rose into the cotton wool clouds and the snaking Dordogne which was glistening like gold in the evening sun slowly faded to just an imprint on my retinas. We drove home in blizzardy-sleet, and then we were back indoors and reunited with Sammie – and just in time to watch Coronation Street. Well, not really, because it was Saturday - but you get the idea.

So that was the six months that was. Thanks for sticking with this if you have, or if you’ve just joined me – then you’re too late. It's done. Go back to the beginning and start over!

I am in two minds whether to continue with Neppytune…or to start something completely new and infinitely more exciting. What do you think? Or shall I just go back from whence I came, and stop boring everybody rigid? Your comments will help me decide.

Oh, and if you would like to place an advance order for my book, then you’re in a minority and you really should get out more. Add your name here and I'll send you a signed copy...one day.

So long for now. It’s been fun, but now there’s nothing left to say so I’m going to shuffle off into the sunset (clutching my hurting ribs). As a special ‘end of the road’ treat, here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last six months.

Toodlepip then.

Geoff x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home