Friday, February 25, 2005

All polar bears are left handed - fact!

Here it is…my very last full day in France…for a while at least. As I found it physically impossible to even move the vacuum cleaner let alone use it, Hugo rushed about like Mrs Overall on acid, cleaning the house from top to bottom, while I wandered around in a daze, distractedly putting things into suitcases and frowning a lot.

André stopped by for a coffee and for official goodbyes in the afternoon, and then Hugo and I went for a final stroll along the Dordogne for old time’s sake. I called in at the Tobacco Museum to say goodbye to Didier, and to donate my collection of empty fag packets and dog ends. He did not appear to be particularly grateful.

In the evening we drove to D,K&N’s house in a wee hamlet called La Sauvetat, which is just beyond Eymet (for those with maps). We had a great evening reminiscing, and a fine dinner with great wines and a one or two chasers. Entertainment of the highest order was provided by a fine pair of shitzus, two Westies, a golden retriever called Josh and another little fella who growled in a basket – oh, and a cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home