Thursday, October 21, 2004

Champagne Charlie

Must’ve had a dodgy pint. A little on the fragile side today - and that sums up the morning.

Around about lunchtime Michael picked me up in the Smart and we tootled off to L’Eclerc to pick up some provisions – namely champagne which somebody must have stolen last night. I must put a lock on the fridge as this keeps happening.

Back home I ploughed on with some writing, hoovered, dusted and cleaned and prepared for the arrival of my first guest. Plumped up cushions - that sort of thing.

We assembled on terrace for a traditional champagne welcome to Bergerac. I cooked and appropriate noises were made.

You’re all bored of me now, I can tell. So I am going to hand over to my visitor to provide a ‘guest-blog’ edition starting from tomorrow. That ought to perk things up a bit around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home