Monday, October 18, 2004

Vous allez dans la mauvaise direction

Time to take some exercise, so I coaxed Mr Rusty outside and set off in an easterly direction. I had a vague idea where I was going, but the plan I had in my head from studying the map failed to materialise in real life and I ended up blindly peddling along country roads enjoying the unfolding landscape.

I have found it pays to be a little careful where I stop to study the map. If I stop anywhere near houses, every dog in the neighbourhood comes running towards me in a barking frenzy. Soon afterwards, their owners come out to see what all the fuss is about and then they call out to me. Now I’d like to think they are saying something along the lines of ‘Are you lost?’ but I have a paranoid feeling they are actually saying, ‘Get lost!’ I say something like, ‘Ça va bien merci’ which is probably completely inappropriate and quickly move on.

I cycled to St-Germain-et-Mons via Cours-de-Pile and then on to Mouleydier (very picturesque) and then back along the north side of la Dordogne, through Creysse and eventually back to Bergerac. It was a fair old distance which I felt was necessary considering the size of yesterday’s lunch. Unfortunately the batteries in my camera were flat, so I am unable to show you how pretty it all was.

I was distraught to learn of Marc Almond's horrible motorbike accident. Very upsetting. The world is definitely a much better place with Marc Almond in it and I hope he pulls through.

Spent all afternoon bashing away on my laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home