Friday, October 01, 2004

Hallelujah it's raining...ladeez?

Thursday

I got up today with the very best of intentions - but they left without even a thank you. I had intended to go to the Whitney this morning...but it just wasn't happening for me. I gave myself a diagnosis - oh mama - I think I've got myself a bit of a chill. Took some Advil and a handful of vitamins and began to rattle.

My sleeping had been somewhat affected by a mosquito the size of...a mosquito...going mmmmmmnnnnnnnnnzzzz in my ear every two minutes. After doing the foxtrot with it on my bed several times between 2am and 5am I finally crushed it to a bloody-pulpy mess between my palms at 5.30am.

I went out in the pouring rain to Radioshack to buy some CD-R's and then slumped on the sofa with some coffee and the fantastic 'Family Guy'. This would not do - some retail therapy was called for so we trawled along to Broadway. Circled David Bowie's apartment twice but...oh really that man is so rude! Not even an invitation upstairs for a plateful of Iman's hotpot - and after all we've been through together - The Glass Spider Tour, Tin Machine, Labyrinth - come on we've stuck with him through thin and thinner - he owes us godammit! In 'Le Chateau' I bought some jeans - 28" waist. What's happening to me? Eating fried food continuously and I'm shrinking! Must eat more cookies! J bought some rather lovely shoes and I bought a very (very) special present for H...no clues!

We wandered out to the Meatpacking District tonight to a lovely old French style diner called Florent - delicious food and plenty of Champagne, a bucket of Ricard and a chirpy Pinot Noir to wash it all down. Afterwards we went to our favourite lesbian bar to guzzle vodka - the venue certainly put J and I on an equal footing. For some reason the ladeez had no interest in us. What is the matter with them? I felt like part of the furniture.

Back home for...not only is the last G&T of the tour, but it's the last G&T we'll ever do. Hey - we made two litres last a whole month - that's practically wartime rationing surely?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home