Sunday, October 31, 2004

Wild peaches

OK, hands-up, I'll admit it. Despite the achievement of cycling from Bergerac to the Lot on Friday, there was no way I wanted to repeat the performance in reverse today, and so I very gratefully accepted a lift home. We followed my cycling route, and I was amazed how far it felt even by car. We stopped at Monflanquin to explore the square and church. Villeréal was drier, and Issigeac was closed to traffic.

Back home, the house was cold and the milk sour. With the gas heater on full blast, the house soon began to defrost. I sorted myself out and took a walk into town to stretch my legs. Later I called in at L’Enfance de Lard which was cosily warm and ready for a busy Halloween. After some very welcome aperitifs I returned home to my soup and laptop to a soundtrack of Goldfrapp, Marc Almond and Bonnie “Prince” Billy.

A trick or treater rang the doorbell in vain. They never know any good tricks.

Tomorrow, work begins in earnest. Then in eric.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when will you clean Mr Rusty then! BTW the trick or treater did you scare them off with your Franenstein impression?

Hayden

2 November 2004 at 16:01:00 GMT-5  
Blogger Geoff Snell said...

Mr Rusty is held together with dirt!

3 November 2004 at 06:38:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home