Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Rainy days and Tuesdays

Lunchtime plans were cancelled which gave me the opportunity to have a day of uninterrupted writing. Outside the rain dripped down through the fading leaves and down the roof tiles, occasionally dislodging soggy lumps of moss which hit the ground with a soupy plop.

Inside all was warm and cosy. I took a walk along the Dordogne and round town to get a bit of fresh air. The sun made a brief appearance, lighting up the grey clouds, then the rain set in again.

Having achieved more today than I have for ages, I decided to relax a watch a film. I don’t think my choice of movie was particularly appropriate for my mood: ‘The Passion of the Christ’ had me squirming squeamishly on the sofa. After the gruesome crucifixion scene, I paused the film and made something to eat; thinking the next bit in the garden of Gethsemane would be a little more uplifting. I restarted the film, the stone rolled away and that was the end. Oh well, ‘’Allo ‘Allo’ cheered me up.

Had the tripe sausages for tea - remember I said I'd try anything once? Well, once was more than enough on this occasion!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought tripe was for dogs...
Hayden

10 November 2004 at 18:24:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home