Friday, December 10, 2004

Fog on the Dordogne is all mine

Shockingly, I found it trés difficile to get out of my pit this morning – absolutely no idea why. But I was soon up and about and once my goodtime landlords had shuffled off for lunch I was able to settle down for a few hours of concentrated writing and orange juice, only interrupted by lunch (I think that paté may have been past its sell-by date judging by the noises coming from my stomach). Achieved more today than I have done in the last week. And I blame you! Yes, you may well hang your head, but it’s true as you well know. Yes, you see, you know who you are! So don’t do it again. Now, get out!

I found myself getting a bit chilly around the nether regions, so I went out for a brisk walk along the Dordogne and then a circuit around the town to get the old blood circulating. It was absolutely freezing out (so I put it away) and a heavy fog hung over the whole of Bergerac – a real pea-souper as I believe they used to say back in the days when you couldn't see your face infront of your hand when you were submerged in soup of the pea variety. You can see that from the terribly illustrative photograph can’t you? Do you appreciate how well this is all thought out? I don’t just fling it together you know – hours of careful consideration and planning go into this just for your entertainment. And what thanks do I get? Nothing! I might as well sit here and talk to myself – and I do enough of that – it’s the only way to get through the long dark evenings. Somebody must want to leave a comment or send me an email or something – come on! Over 1100 hepcats have hit this sight and I might as well be whistling in the dark. Hello! Is there anybody out there?

Ahem, where was I? Oh yes, had a stroll and met a troll. After a few aperitifs we crossed the bridge and went for a splendid dinner at the Chinese restaurant. We ordered three number twelves, a sixty-two, fifty-four and a thirty-eight with two portions of sixty-five and a bottle of twenty-five. It all added up to…well, you do the math. Back home for a nightcap and a bedtime story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home