Monday, January 10, 2005

I'll win a fortune in a game my life will never be the same

More dog walking at the crack of dawn, then it was time for me to go through my stacks of mail and bank statements and guess what? I am officially poor! Yeap, I no longer have to worry about money for the simple reason that I don’t have any! I now pass all responsibility to the bank who will have to take over from here. All the things I could do…it's a rich man's world!

I straightened my oilskins and slipped into my wellies and set off in the wind and rain to London Bridge station, making my way through the wet streets to the Bridge House where I was due to meet my erstwhile colleagues. I’ll be careful what I say because they may well get round to reading this, even though they're all desperately busy. It was absolutely lovely to see them all. Does it make me a bad person that I don’t seem to be as excited about returning to work as they think I ought to be? Well done everybody for managing not to talk shop - well not too much anyway, and for not bringing the contents of my in-tray with you.

Back to Docklands in plenty of time for H’s arrival home from the land of the Hol. I walked Sammie to Island Gardens and back, made a cottage pie and slung it in the oven and opened a bottle of French red. Couldn’t be nicer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home