Friday, January 21, 2005

Wherever I go so does me go

Dad tried to buy the bread and croissants with pound coins, but the baker’s wife (who has a musical written about her I believe) was having none of it. After breakfast we set off in the car to explore some of the bastide towns in the vicinity. It's a jolly holiday with Mary, I'm telling you.

First stop was Villeréal, closely followed by Monflanquin and Gavaudun (extraordinary ruined castle atop a giant rock in a frock) where, hey presto, I produced a picnic from my knapsack, which is a pretty neat trick if you can pull it off. We ate it in the rain until our crusts turned soggy. I spent the next half an hour trying to fit different sized pieces of Tupperware back into the boot of the car, like something out of the Krypton Factor (apologies to Vicky Wood - that line was stolen). On we went to Biron which has the most amazing chateau. Fascinating place. Unfortunately it was closed for January. Next stop, Monpazier. Look at all the photos wot I took, then yawn.

M&A joined us for aperitifs, and then what do you know? I made a tasty curry for our tea. It was a blast. Actually it was Uncle Ben’s, but he definitely said he didn’t want it, so don’t come the cowboy with me sonny jim.

These lyrics have been going round and round in my head like an angry wasp all day. Anybody remember where they're from? It’s competition time again! You need the song and artist to get a whole point.

Walk through the fields where the flowers are growing
Carve out your names on the first tree you see
There are 22 catches when you strike your matches
And get down on your knees


Answers in the comments box purlease!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home