Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Ain't gonna need this house much longer

Jacqui collected me soon after ten o’clock, before calling for André and setting off for the two hour journey to Bordeaux. A heavy hoarfrost lay round about, deep and crisp and frozen, like a pizza, or something.

We went to a restaurant on a raised pier over the river and overlooking Bordeaux, for a fine lunch and then onwards to the hospital. Michael woke occasionally from his sleep and opened his eyes a little. The nurse said, ‘Shout at him! Wake him up! He is lazy!’ but we felt a little self-conscious shouting in a ward with three other intensive-care patients. Michael is looking better and I hope we will have some good news soon.

The return journey went by very quickly, but I was ready for some fresh air when I got back. I took a walk along the Dordogne, in order to furnish this site with more stunning photos no less. The sky was very dramatic, and a bit theatrical too.

I have just been advised that the reason I have this horrible pain in my chest, is because my ribs may have been sprung from my sternum during the accident – something called costochondral separation! Apparently they go back into place in time, but it is common for this to result in an infection which causes the pain. I feel a trip to the doc’s coming on.

Well, I’m alone once again. My landlords have flown (I know because I saw the plane while I was out walking) and now I have just four more nights left in this ol’house, What can you do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a sad case of pre-work blues that manifests as Shaking Stevens blues. Theonly cure - more alcohol.
H

26 February 2005 at 06:45:00 GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home