Wednesday, February 23, 2005

It’s physically impossible for you to lick your elbow*

Finally finished reading the epic The Sea The Sea in bed this morning, which put everything back by a couple of hours. What a great read…and it didn’t turn out like I had expected either...’with the seals and the stars, explanation, resignation, reconciliation, everything picked up into some radiant bland ambiguous higher significance.’

So, I decided to put on the Jonathan Ross show – but alas it was Mark Lamarr! Nevermind, Vicky Wood and Elvis Costello made up for that – I’m not entirely sure about Alvin Stardust though.

I took all the empties to the bottle bank and then had a walk around town, but it was perishing cold so I didn’t stay outside too long. I came back to fix Mr Rusty’s puncture, as I will shortly be bidding the old fellow au revoir, when he is returned to his rightful owners on Friday. That done, I began to sort out things in the house, clearing away in the rubbish some of the items I have collected up over the five months I have been here, and that made me feel a bit low. I spent the rest of the day writing and listening to Lou Reed, which is not a bad pastime. Tomorrow Hugo arrives to sedate me before shipping me to London, and back to…all that.

*Unless of course, you cut off your arm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home