Saturday, February 05, 2005

Lot on the landscape

We met André for three laps of the market. The first lap was a general browse. The second lap involved a bit of decision making and a few purchases. On the third lap, it was now or never. We passed under the steely stare of the ugly foie gras lady three times, and we all lived to tell the tale.

Michael and Moiselle were already at the coffee shop when we arrived. She was sitting on the floor yapping at another dog, and Moiselle was sitting at the table waiting patiently. We tucked into scones (more of a cross between a scone and a rock cake I’d say) and strong black coffee, before returning to the house via the covered market.

Later in the afternoon, I was whisked off to The Lot for a three day holiday (how I have yearned for a holiday!). If you were wondering why Mr Rusty was got a good old scrub yesterday, it was because he was coming along too. Slight problem – when I washed all the mud off I discovered that the back tyre was getting a little on the bald side of a full tread of rubber. On the doctor’s advice, I switched the front tyre with the back tyre (not a straightforward operation) and we were back on the road.

K cooked a marvellous supper, washed down with a few of your finest and a game of Scrabble. It was a close match…but the best man won and it wasn’t me. I didn’t need any rocking, so I didn’t ask for any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home