Saturday, July 02, 2011

Stop me if you've heard this before

Welcome back. Where in heaven's name do you think you've been? I've been sitting here on my wall for over 6 years. No I haven't, but - my - hasn't the time flown?


Anybubble, I think it's time to resurrect Neppytune after all these years of moth-balled dormancy. Other blogs have come along and faded without a trace, or simply been overlooked or swiftly forgotten, none of them quite capturing the essence that was Neppytune. But I think it can be revived to live and breathe again as I set out on adventures new, lurching, crashing and burning all in the name of art - the history of art to be precise. Oi - stop snoring at the back - I only mentioned it once.


Tomorrow I fly to New York and then take a shuttle to New Haven where I'll be staying for the rest of the month in the lup of lixury. The purpose of my being, and, more to the point, the purpose of my being there is to research the Paul Mellon collection of eighteenth-century British art held at Yale, and hopefully unearthing some delights along the way: all grist for my PhD thesis-mill-on-the-floss. More (or less) of that later. Now I just have to finish packing which involves kneading the air out of my cornucopia of clothes and other assorted items while my suitcase gently weeps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous jacqui said...

glad you have resurrected the blog, enjoy America

2 July 2011 at 19:11:00 GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home